Are you aware of Yeast Infection In Women? If not, then this is the right time that you should know about it. It is better to be well-informed about such things and be able to prevent such health anomalies.
Yeast infection in women is an ordinary thing. Many women are often afflicted with this condition. There are even times that it is so severe that a woman can suffer infection more than four times in a year.
Yeast is always present in the human body. It is actually a fungus that is unicellular in form and loves to thrive in moist and warm areas of the body. In women the most common areas are the breast, vagina, underarms and belly. These fungi love to dwell in the crevices of the skin.
There are two known yeast infections that plague women. On the top of the list is the vaginal yeast infection. Many women have this infection and usually in a year suffer this anomaly. Another yeast infection that a woman can suffer is on the breast area. It is not so common but it can happen to anyone who has an overgrowth of yeast on their body.
What is Breast Yeast Infection?
A woman with a child can easily get this type of yeast infection. If she is breastfeeding her child and the infant is suffering from oral thrush then she can become infected. It can also happen to women with large breasts. On the lower part of the breast, the skin there gets in contact with each other. It creates a warm area and often times become moist. This is what this fungus really loves.
A woman with breast yeast infection can have the following symptoms:
- Itchy nipples
- Painful and cracked nipples
- Inflammation can also occur in the nipple and can appear scaly. If it worsens a clear discharge can be seen oozing out of the nipple.
- The underside of the breast can appear red and swollen
What Is Vaginal Yeast Infection?
As mentioned this is one of the most widely known yeast infections in women. The vagina is a warm and moist area. It creates the perfect habitat for the yeast to multiply. When it does happen an onset of infection symptoms can be felt.
Here are some of the symptoms of vaginal yeast infection that one should watch out for:
- Mild to severe itching in the vaginal and anal area
- Burning sensation
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain during urination
- Vaginal discharges varying from white to yellowish color
Various Medications For Yeast Infection In Women
1. Oral Medications
This is a pill form medication that is usually of high dosage. Often times, doctors advises a patient only one tablet. Still it is recommended that one should visit a doctor before taking any medication.
These are effective medications that are inserted in the vagina. It is actually in hard form but once inside it will immediately melt and be absorbed by the vaginal tissues.
3. Antifungal Creams And Lotions
This type of medication is commonly used for skin infections. This medication is readily available in drugstores and can be bought over the counter. It can be used on the breast but not directly on the nipple. One can apply this cream or lotion 2 to 3 times a day.
How To Prevent Yeast infection
- Do you know that too much intake of sweets can lead to yeast infection? Many health experts advise patients with yeast infection to lessen sugar intake. It is a fact that yeasts loves to thrive on sugar.
- Avoid using tight fitting clothes especially those that are made of synthetic fabric. These fabrics traps moisture and does not let the body breathe.
- Avoid using hot tubs and taking frequent hot baths.
- After showering make sure that you have dried your entire body thoroughly. This will help limit the risk of getting yeast infections.
Using A Step By Step Guide In Treating Yeast Infection In Women
If you want to really get rid of yeast infection for life then you will need a highly recommended step by step guide. Many have used the guide and were amazed on the difference they see in just a few days or just even hours.
Why don’t you take a look at this step by step guide? Visit: Guide In Treating Yeast Infection In Women
Using this guide in treating yeast infection in women, you are assured that all your itching problems will go away. Now, you will not experience that uncontrollable urge to scratch.
Want to put a stop to that excessive itching? Visit: Treating Yeast Infection In Women