Do you want to know some of the Yeast Infection Home Remedies? If so, why not consider reading this article and know how you can be set free from yeast infection right from your home.
What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis or commonly known as yeast infection is caused by fungi. These fungi are common dwellers in dark and moist parts of the human body such as the mouth, vagina, and breast. In fact, three out four women will have this infection. There are several factors that cause this yeast infection. Some of them include diabetes, pregnancy, and the use of some oral contraceptives, antibiotics and steroids. Yeast infections are more common to women after their menopausal periods due to the declination of their estrogen levels that thins the walls of the vagina. Men can be infected also with yeast infection
through sexual intercourse with their infected partners.
How To Prevent Yeast Infection?
Prevention is better than cure, isn’t it? If you don’t want to suffer the consequences of having this yeast infection, then follow the don’ts and dos:
- Do not wear clothes made from synthetic materials.
- Do not wear pantyhose and leotards everyday.
- Do not wear tight fit undies like panties.
- Do not wear tight jeans everyday.
- Do not wear wet clothes for too long.
- Do not use any sprays and perfumes in the genital areas.
- Do not use deodorant sanitary pads or tampons.
- Do wipe your genital area after using the toilet. But, do not wipe it from back to front. It is advisable to wipe it front to back.
However, if you are already suffering the hassles brought by yeast infection and you want to cure it at home, you can.
Home Remedies For Yeast Infection
There are varieties of natural and home remedies for yeast infection. Some of them can be taken orally or through vaginal insertion. These are some of the home remedies that are tested for their efficacy (you can cure yourself privately without going to the gynecologist):
- Tea Tree Oil – diluted essential tea tree oil has the potential to cure yeast infection. It has the terpinen compound which is appears to be responsible in making tea tree oil as one of the home remedy for yeast infection. Just apply the diluted tea tree oil on the vaginal area/on the infected area.
- Yogurt – it is also known to be a cure for yeast infection. Dip a tampon in the yogurt and insert it into the vagina. You can also use a tablespoon of yogurt and insert it into the vagina. For best results, do this twice a day, one in the morning and the other one during night time/bedtime. It has been proven that regular douching of yogurt is effective in curing yeast infection. Eat plenty of yogurt also, it is very good for your entire system and will cure the fungus that causes yeast infection.
- Buttermilk – drink plenty of buttermilk daily, twice a day. It is advised to drink plenty of buttermilk in the morning and during bedtime.
- Garlic – garlic is also one of the home remedies for yeast infection. Just make some paste of garlic pods and apply it to the infected area. However, using garlic may burn a bit of your skin; you will also see that it is effective in treating yeast infection. Another way of using the garlic pods is through cutting it. After cutting the garlic pods, wrap it with cheesecloth and insert into the vagina for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to leave the cheesecloth hanging out for comfortable removable.
- Vinegar – vinegar has the antifungal and antibacterial properties. Mix a cup of vinegar in a bathtub and soak for 20 minutes. You can use any kinds of vinegar but apple cider vinegar has the best results in treating yeast infection. Dry the vaginal area with a very absorbent paper.
- Honey – this is considered as the most sticky and most uncomfortable way of treating vaginal yeast infection. But, honey can do wonders. Take a cup of honey and pour some honey on the infected areas while sitting on the toilet seat. Remain sitting on the toilet seat for 20 minutes before taking a bath with warm water. Dry the vaginal area with an absorbent paper. Do this honey treatment twice a day, in the morning and before bedtime.
So, do you want to relieve yourself from yeast infection right from your home? Visit: Yeast Infection Home Remedies Guide.
Your home has all your needs. So, if you want to know more about the home remedies for yeast infection visit: Yeast Infection Home Remedies.